Five months is way too long and I mostly attribute that to being mentally engulfed by thoughts of homeschool, schedule and maintaining the home oh - and the winter afiinity for Downton Abbey, which is now over. 
This first year has had ups and downs - and sometimes I feel we just have not progressed to the speed I would like - and then I think about what progress really is and what is being retained?  I could write a LONG post about all my thoughts. 

For now I want to update on sayings of mostly Ethan as his vocabulary and expression are just blossoming so nicely!  He is writing and mostly figuring out certain letters all by himself, he was naturally motivated to write his name and although his strokes are a little un traditional he is writing his full name and recognizes words like STOP and EXIT - anything to do with a traffic sign.  His other favorite symbol is the $ sign - he writes it all the time!  with double lines going through. 

So - I think we had watched a show about how they have proven a meteor being the cause of the extinction of dinasaurs and Elora and I had been talking about it or something, anyway one night at the table he asked "Mom...?....why did Jesus kill all the dinasaurs?"  Why did he send a meteor.?   .... GREAT question!  You know its more about how your child asks you that is so cute...its there tiny voice, innocent pure intention and curiosity and his slight lisp...just LOVE it. 

The other Sunday Daddy was getting Ethan dressed for church....he still has tactile sensativity issues - ie still doesnt wear certain shirts with buttons etc...but he knows that church clothes are different and allows it --- sort of, anyway Daddy said Ethan your clothes are getting small --- Ethan said "Im getting too big, so I cant go to church and I have to stay home with Mommy"   stinker - he does not enjoy church all that much - I dont blame him - he would MUCH rather be with his brother in Nursery with toys....

Tonight I put those boys down together - as Ezra has had and has a HORRIBLE sleeping schedule - going to bed anywheres from 10pm-12   aaaaa....anyway tonight it was both at 945,10  so I leave the room with light off and Ezra starts to cry - sticks his tiny cute fingers under the door...I hear Ethan get out to this bed and come over and start to console him..." Ezra  its ok -- come on ... its ok ...come in my bed..."  they go -- I hear the click of the night light...Ezra is doing it...Ethan says after a few clicks...turn the light off...Mommy will get Angry...he turns it off...Ezra turns it on...Ethan gets a book..."ok ... let  read a book... this one Ezra?  " Go Dog Go..."  he proceeds to try and read it...sooo cute...after a few minutes...with a few pages he gets right...i hear the flop of the book... he turns off the light and tells Ezra... "its time to sleep ....Im tired Ezra.."  few seconds go by....Ezra:  "cockadoodledoo"  I about burst out laughing... SO funny... 

Anyway Ezra is also talking up a storm...seriously repeating and naming things left and right... much faster pace than the older E's   he is just as in love with trucks and trains and anything that moves as Ethan.  He also has been carrying around a basket of favorite trucks...a monster truck, the car from CARS...oh did i mention his love for anything "charachter based"  expecially CARS.... so weird how kids are different....he is the one of the three that would probably LOVE disney land.   Now he has taken to his Baby - and has been carrying it around....cute...that still at almost 3 he would do this.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Love the pics...wishing WE lived closer to the ocean and could go down for the "weekend"! :) Looks like it was a lot of fun for everyone!!