Its always great to be around little people, Ezra has become a little Daddy's boy and isnt quite as kissy and huggy, but still doles out juicy kisses, expecially when he "shoots" you and you are playing dead...his kiss revives me. He is just as much into cars and trucks and contruction stuff as Ethan is - we went to a small model Train show yesterday and they loved it...Ethan wants so badly a working gate/crossing signal with lights. Ezra still plops down and lays on his side and plays with various moving objects, he takes to planes and helicopters a little more than Ethan ever did...does. Ezra mumbles his "love you's" when we make him say it...and when we are correcting his whining he mumbles the out the right way to talk.. he is identifying and saying lots of words. He knows colors and numbers already quite well and routinely counts correctly up to 6 or so. Ethan is definietely more right brained and visual and hands on learner - he doesnt pick up on verbal cues. he is also still a little ocd with things having to be a certain way and or seperated or the right order.
He is goofy - where as Ezra is more teasing...Ezra likes to fight verbally - he will point out his bug on his night light ..and I will say no its a firefly and he will say..no - a bug! and will go back and forth ...or he will expect to play this game with colors..with me calling an orange a pink orange.
Ethan also loves any sort of map. He also used the word "it seems like" when we were getting out of the van the other day and he was looking around the parking lot. He switches up words still - but is more aware of it and does it a little on purpose..he was singing "taco shells"in a the tune of jingle bells...because he was trying to think of a commercial he aw of Taco Bell. So that was his way of remembering it...he combines Jingle bells with saying taco shells..
He loved being Utah because there are SO many railroad crossings and we were seeing some of the trax trains being tested, also he was trying to read and in the car he said loudly the letters..."g" "s" l" "a"...that spells COSTCO!
We came home and one night kept asking and insisting to see Gramdma Yi.. I think he sort of got used to sleeping with her there.
He also tried making a joke the other day and was calling Ezra..."Grandpa Ezra" and thought he was funny.
Elora is doing well - in her off time she likes to watch the food network. Our schedule has been interesting and we have moved our "desk" up to the toy room and for I think both of us has made a big difference! Its amazing how just changing the location helped in doing sitdown schoolwork. We started a book club and we are reading a Phantom Tollbooth this month. I am happy we started this and our first meeting was fun!
I plan on taking her to a special day for the recreation of the camps for the civil war battle of fredericksburg and then taking her to a movie that has just been released about Lincoln. So we are going to be reading a little about that so she has a little background about the civil war. Overall - I think just not being in the school environment is good - her overall personality is remaining more constant - she at times does things that I dont think she enjoyed enough earlier on like taking interest and playing with some of her dolls..it s almost as if there is some sincere space in a way that just allows her to be her. She is very social - but also dangerously influenced 7 motivated at times..at times she is not, as she can be very strong in what she wants to do or not do...but ultimately I think she needs to be home until she is totally confident. She has admitted to me things about school she never would have had i not done this... one that her self confidence was waning...and she had feelings of being nervous and anxious at school ..I totally know how she feels in this sense because it is the same energy that I felt and had. She also shard an incident with me about a girl calling her ugly and getting into her face about it.
I am desperately wanting to send Ethan and Ezra to YMCA preschool and kindergarden next year, but its a bit pricey...need to find a way. My plan is to send Ethan to 1st and 2nd grade- maybe 3rd...and evaluate...we'll see; I just am not sure if public school is going to be good for him especially when they starting learning and doing testing...just sucks out all the joy of real learning! And just already knowing that he is a visual spatial learner so far as I can gather. I actually think Ezra will thrive in a regular academic setting - the only drawback being the influence of social environment.
I'd like to talk to the curriculum lady for the district and talk about options for innovating this district. There is no out of the box options for parents here. and i ask myself all the time where is the voice of the parents? Where is their platform?
Holidays are coming up - I hate living so far from my parents - we are grateful to have a job - but I think both Hoon and I sit and hope and wish a job out west would pop up for him. At the same time - I know we are doing bits of good here and there. We are missing my brother - as all holidays were spent with them last year. Sigh...so it goes - we are healthy...perspectively...lol...and that is about the biggest thing that I care about...everything else is really extra - and we are SO enjoying our kids...watching them grow and do super cute things everyday like bobbing their bodies around to theme song kid show music...Ezra getting embarrassed when we catch him dancing. Singing songs with Ethan at night...as he "corrects" us and sings his lullaby the right way. Ezra..trying to jump...with his body half way doing it. Ethan saying the most sweetest prayer the other night - which was a RARe thing..I mean usually its ok...and about whatever is on his mind ...but the rare thoughtful sweet prayer does come out and boy is it just the most wonderful thing to hear!
My favorite most peaceful moment of the summer - riding a mini train at the top of the SL valley - it was a trainqual...get it trainquil..hah
Silly - love this pic
Where Elora is at times - getting a smell of the diaper.
An exhilerating experience...phew..we made it ...no heart attack or collapsing...up the mountian down the alpine slide
At the awesome Mine
Watching the boys be delighted by Elora playing with them...she really can be a great player! when she wants to. she is a good horsey afterall. Watching Ezra sleep next us, as he comes in our room almost nightly and shoves both of us as he sleep completely sideways...creating a letter H with our bodies. Ezra gets excited over - gym, church, and playground...and outside...of course...oh and basement! where the mini tramp is.
We are blessed - sometimes writing about it all is the best way to realize all your blessings!
having a blast at an inflatable place
Our first ever rodeo - not sure what i am looking at.
geeking out - lol
taking a walk to the park..
my moment of zen

No comments:
Post a Comment